So, do you know everything about the man behind the sax?
Take a look at Go! magazine’s interesting list of nine things you might know about Kenny G.
1. Kenny G’s uncle was the first investor in Starbucks and advised him to meet Howard Schultz – chair and chief executive officer of the coffee house giant – and to invest in the company. Because it was in Seattle,Kenny G said he had that opportunity. “I’m a bit of a risk taker, so the rest is history.”
2. He is not jealous of Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu’s portrayal in the Head & Shoulders commercials. Actually, he’d rather be in a L’Oreal one.
3. The man of few words has golfed since he was a kid and is pretty darn good at the sport. If he could do it all over again, he would be a professional golfer.
4. He’s a pilot and considers flying one of his other popular hobbies.
5. When Kenny G drinks beer, it’s a Blue Moon – sorry Dos Equis.
6. He has seen the Sexy Sax YouTube video and says it’s “a great video that’s unbelievably funny and silly.”
7. He has no idea what Michael Bolton is doing nowadays and says “If Michael had nice hair like me, he wouldn’t cut it.”
8. He didn’t think recording the soundtrack to “Dying Young” was depressing, and he never saw the film.
9. He actually enjoys listening to his own Christmas records and can listen to them “and not have any ego about it.”